What Personal Information do we collect?
The information we ask from users helps us personalize and continually improve the user experience at BaseConnect. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future visits for you, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- The personal data we collect. When you access, use and browse the Services including when you create a student organization page, project page, event page or when you or your members contact us, we may collect the following information:
In addition, we may collect anonymous details about visitors to our services for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymous details that we collect for these purposes.
- Your Name;
- Your age, date of birth and gender;
- Your e-mail details;
- Education and Employment details;
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communications information,
- Any other personal data that you choose to upload to or post on the Services, including photographs, interests.
Does BaseConnect Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business. We share user information only as needed and only as described below.
- Protection of BaseConnect and Others: We release certain information when we believe release is required to comply with the law or a court order; or protect the rights, property, or safety of BaseConnect, our users, or others.
- As part of our service: BaseConnect is a social network. As such, the information you supply may be used to help connect you with other similar user and members, including but not limiting to: student organizations, student groups, event organizers, companies.
- Service BaseConnect is open. One of the main services of the service is the ability to publish and disseminate information about the User, therefore the data are widely available to all of the users from the Internet and can be indexed by search engines, unless the user in the Account stipulated a different level of access to their data and I do not want to make them available to others.
User data collected in BaseConnect can be used by other Users or BaseConnect for purposes of the recruitment process.
- We take security of your Personally-Identifying Information seriously and use high level electronic, personnel, and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration, or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off and close the web browser when you are finished using the site
We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by or associated with BaseConnect that we think you may find valuable. We may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails, if applicable, at the time of registration or through your account settings, though we reserve the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of some of BaseConnect features.
- You can add, hide, remove or update certain personal information in your settings.
Children – The Children's Online Privacy Protection
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 16, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personal information on BaseConnect represents to us that he or she is 16 years of age or older. If we learn that personal information has been collected from a user under 16 years of age, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a member of BaseConnect or has otherwise transferred personal information to BaseConnect, please contact us using our contact information (Click here) below to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
Changes to this Policy